Dumplings are just one of life's little joys! Juicy, succulent and full of flavour. If you don't have time to make you're own, these ready-made dumpling are totally delicious and perfect for a quick meal. Simply cook them straight from frozen for 6-7 minutes, toss them in a tasty sauce and enjoy.
We sell a brilliant book by Pippa Middlehurst called 'Dumplings and Noodles' - it's packed full of amazing recipes and cooking techniques and I've pinched an idea for the dumpling dressing from her.
This recipe is almost a complete store cupboard meal but packs so much flavour.
Recipe for Pork & Chive Dumplings with Black Rice Vinegar Dressing
1 x pack of Hong's frozen pork & chive dumplings
For the dressing
4 tablespoons black rice vinegar
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon light soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon Lao Gan Ma Crispy Chilli Oil
3 tablespoons chilli oil
2 teaspoons sesame paste
1 clove garlic, finely grated
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
2. Whilst the water is coming to the boil, in a large bowl (large enough to hold all the cooked dumplings), mix up the dressing ingredients and set to one side.
3. Once the water is boiling, drop in the frozen dumplings. Bring back to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for around 5 minutes.
4. Once the dumplings are cooked, using a slotted spoon, remove from the pot straight into the black rice vinegar dressing. Gently toss them around so that each dumpling is coated with the delicious sauce.
5. Garnish with chopped spring onions, toasted sesame seeds and a little fresh coriander.
Enjoy! Foodies, don't forget to tag us when you make this at home @somerset.foodie and leave a review for this recipe below. Ben
Comments will be approved before showing up.
A new foodie recipe every week...
We write recipes to show you how to cook with the ingredients we sell. Sign up here for new recipe inspiration once a week...